Wednesday, August 3, 2011



This is one of my favorite color shots - almost pure red.  It is a popular image that seems to be used as an accent in kitchens and dining areas.  The funniest thing about this image is folks ask me how long it took to arrange the raspberries.  I put my hands out as tough holding a tray of berries and make a shaking motion.  That is all I did, just dump the berries into a tray and shake them to level them out.

We have thorn less raspberries in the yard.  Our two-year old granddaughter loves to be outdoors and, like her Nana, loves to go barefoot.  This protects the berries from little hands because she cannot go on the barked area without shoes.  Well, the other day I am picking raspberries and she is out shoeless.  I looked over my shoulder and there she is at the side of the yard next to three little new blueberry plants.  She is leaning over happily picking and eating the berries.  I had to smile.  I had not told her "no pick" for those bushes so the berries were fair game.  She loves all the berries, which is such a good thing.  Beats candy treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment