Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Denali National Park Mountains Tinted HDR Black and White


One of the early summer days we were in Denali National Park included a snow storm and lots of subtle grey sky.  Given I probably would not be back soon I went ahead and shot  -  and shot for HDR processing.  This is an HDR that has been processed to black and white within my HDR software.  My new Photomatrix 4.1 software package not only provides a black and white option for processing, but once in the black and white image there are several slider controls that allow playing with the color saturation.  This allows one to bring color back into the image on a very controlled basis.  By playing with these sliders one can create an image that is like the old black and whites prints that were hand tinted with oil colors by artists.  Well, that look is what I attempted to achieve.

2 comments:

  1. People are telling me that they are posting comments, but I am not seeing them. This is a test comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this altered photo very much. It has the wonderful colors we saw in Denali while appearing even more dramatic. Of course I was there to see the real thing in a such a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete