Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thinking of Food

I like doing food shots, especially when there are bright colors and subtle hues.  These shots were combined for a friend's kitchen.  At Farmers' Market the food shots, which feature the vivid colors of our Northwest berries and fruits, tend to be good sellers.

When I went up to Tri-Cities to the airport there was a long wait before Dot's flight arrived.  So I had a dinner salad and a cup of French Onion Soup at Red Robin.  It was very busy and I was a single at a small table against the wall.  Across from me was a family gathering with a two to three year old little girl with her back to me.  Well, this little girl became concerned that I was alone, had no food and was hungry.  After awhile she turned and offered me half her hamburger.  I told her thank you, but my food was coming.  She said they needed to hurry because I was by myself and hungry.  Red Robin was extremely busy, so good service was taking a little time.  Well, a little later she turned and offered me some French fries.  Again I said thank you and assured her my food was on its way.  Her Dad smiled and assured her that I would be OK.  Again, she lamented that they needed to hurry.  When my food came she turned and beamed.  I hope this little girl maintains her concern for others.  She certainly made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment