Monday, October 24, 2011

New to Me Software - Topaz Re-Mask


I Love You Mommy


One Proud Fellow


One of the most difficult tasks in photo manipulation is isolation.  Once an object within an image is isolated the image of the object may be transferred to a new backdrop.  The originals of the above images featured cluttered, very unattractive backdrops.  In the past I was getting poor results in attempting to isolate part of an image.  Many times simply blurring out the backdrop was not enough to achieve the desired results.

My good friend Bob advised that I try Topaz's Re-Mask plug-in.  I watched their tutorials and marketing materials.  I was skeptical, even with Bob's recommendation.  Well, I am very pleased with the results.  I found the plug-in filter relatively easy to use.  As I learn more about Re-Mask I assume my results will improve - but, these are not bad at all.

The Topaz Re-Mask software may be used to isolate a wide variety of objects within an image.  Trees, tree lines and the like may be isolated.  The software will isolate even individual strands of flying hair.  The most amazing demonstration to me was preserving the see-through quality of a bride's veil.

No comments:

Post a Comment