Sunday, July 31, 2011

Know What You Are Purchasing - Photo Art

This weekend I encountered a vendor selling matted prints priced below my cost of producing.  I did not venture into asking about the prints. However,  I suggest if you purchase photo art you ask some key questions.

To help with these questions I will describe my product:
  • Produced on top of the line Epson printers
  • Using Premium or Ultra Premium Epson papers
  • Using Epson inks
  • Mats are acid free
  • Backing materials are acid free
  • Mounting materials are acid free
I prefer Epson.  Canon and others offer quality printers and papers.  Also, there are some art papers that are as good as the Epson papers I use and which may be used on Epson and other fine printers.

There are many other cost factors to be considered.

I am not attempting to sell you my prints or cards.  Most of you live far too far away to see my work in Walla Walla.  I am hoping to eliminate some disappointment.  Poor printers, papers and inks result in prints that discolor and fade prematurely.  Instead of lasting decades, they may last months.

With respect and aloha, Jim Willis

No comments:

Post a Comment